Timothy C. Ward interviews Michael J. Sullivan about his upcoming release in the Riyria universe, The Crown Tower: The Riyria Chronicles, which is the first prequel book to his infamous Riyria Revelations series from Orbit Books. We wanted to post this interview in time for you to cash in on some giveaways available to preorder customers. Michael talks about the difference in writing this prequel series, about his next Fantasy series (The First Empire Series) and how different time periods changes how you write dialogue. And, he also shares inside info on his Hollow World Kickstarter campaign, including a surprising new demographic of readers he gained from that process.
- Signed (and dedicated if desired) bookplates to put in your print copies
- Signed bookmarks (1 for you and 2 to share with your friends)
- Entry for a drawing of a signed copy of The Crown Tower – keep it for yourself and give your pre-order to a friend
- Free copy of “The Jester” a Royce and Hadrian short story made possible with the permission of Shawn Speakman, editor of The Unfettered Anthology where the story was first published (Limited to the first 500 entries)
It doesn’t matter where you place your pre-order (here are some popular links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | BooksAMillion | IndieBound | Powells | Chapters | Overstock.com) or whether it is for the print or ebook.
Michael’s blog for Riyria also has some book giveaway links for The Crown Tower and The Rose and the Thorn:
- Goodreads giveaway (open to US & UK) hosted by Orbit
- A parallel giveaway for signed copies and open to all countries hosted by Michael
- A free extended preview – which gives you the first 5 chapters of the book now. It is available on many venues such as: Kindle | Nook | Kobo
Episode 219 Sponsor:
Out of Time – Five Tales of Time Travel is a collection of five all new tales of time travel by five different previously published and award-winning writers.
Each story explores a different aspect of time travel or looks at it from a unique point of view. In one, a woman travels back in time to cushion the loss of her mother, unaware of what she trades in return. In another, a couple returns to the 1930’s to save the future they know, but find they must participate in the crime of the century to do it. In a third, a man returns to the Old West to rescue a fellow time traveler, but his plan spins out of control when a woman in that brutal past decides she wants to use his return ticket as much as he does. These and two other fantastic stories are all in the collection OUT OF TIME. This e-book is only on Kindle, and now it’s only 99 cents.
All royalties from this book go to support Doctors Without Borders, the international medical aid agency providing critical healthcare to those who need it most, no matter where they are.
CLICK HERE for more info.