- How he’s handled his success and his response to people saying his Gentleman Bastard books will stand the test of time.
- How much work goes into his establishing his literary voice. “The words we choose are our brushstrokes.” – Scott Lynch
- How to make banter/dialogue natural and effective. “It’s as much a matter of crafting the situation as it is crafting the dialogue.” – Scott Lynch
- Punishing his characters
- The five year period between Red Seas Under Red Skies and The Republic of Thieves.
- His auction.
- His online serial, Queen of the Iron Sands.
- What kind of writers are a good fit for Viable Paradise and what it does for writers who attend.
Scott Lynch’s Works:
Clarkesworld Magazine recently won the 2013 Hugo Award for Best Semiprozine, and now has an app for iPhone/iPad and Android devices. Every issue of Clarkesworld is available online and they also podcast all their fiction. Support them by purchasing a digital subscription from Amazon and Weightless Books. Details at: http://
- Diverse Worlds Grant Fundraiser
- Reddit ScienceFiction (/r/sciencefiction) – Tim is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Wednesday, Oct. 23. Please stop by!
- THREE by Jay Posey book giveaway
- ChiCon panel with Myke Cole and Scott Lynch on “Disaster Response in SF”
Co-Host, Interviewer and Producer
Turned onto reading at an early age–the product of bible stories given as punishment for stealing candy from a drug store–Brent Bowen devours books of all genres. And though Samson and Delilah is still one of his favorites, he would prefer to blend mysticism with archeologist canines and plasma armor. Since then, Brent’s first paid, published story was a tweet, and he’s studied at the 2009 Viable Paradise XIII writer’s workshop. Learn more about Brent and his work at Split Legend. You also can follow Brent on Twitter.