Clarkesworld is a monthly science fiction and fantasy magazine first published in October 2006. Each issue contains at least two pieces of original fiction from new and established authors. Their fiction is also collected by issue in signed chapbooks, ebook editions and in their annual print anthology, Realms. Also listen to their original, monthly fiction podcast, and become a Clarkesworld Citizen so this online magazine can continue to bring us the very best in science fiction and fantasy.
Author and podcaster “Indiana” Jim joins us to discuss his first published novella, FIREFIGHT AT OVERWATCH COMMAND, the first of three novellas set in the popular card trading game WARS. We talk space opera, DEADWOOD in space, Malcolm Reynolds’ and Han Solo’s love child, David Bowie, changes in publishing, the San Fransisco 49ers, and much more.
- We are giving away two audiobook downloads of Lawrence M. Schoen’s BUFFALITO DESTINY, a science fiction novel! To enter the contest, simply Tweet to your followers that @AISFPpodcast is the place to be this summer for free books. Or, something to that effect. If you don’t use Twitter, you can email 10 friends, include us in the CC, and encourage them to visit our website for a chance to win books this summer. All entries must be received by June 22nd at midnight.
- But that’s not all. We give a sneak peak at a Scifi Trivia contest we will run this summer in conjunction with two other podcasts. 12 titles from Pyr Books are up for grabs. So stick with us this summer to have some fun and win some books!
- Brent is in Convention Recovery, but he still joins us!
- Moses is kicking some serious butt with his novella. We discuss the spike in downloads and the publication of his novel.
- Rusty discusses the high learning curve in epic fantasy, and he sees science fiction as easier for readers to follow. Very interesting email here.
- John G. gives Jules Verne some love.
- Ryan analyzes the mainstreaming of science fiction.