Clarkesworld is a monthly science fiction and fantasy magazine first published in October 2006. Each issue contains at least two pieces of original fiction from new and established authors. Their fiction is also collected by issue in signed chapbooks, ebook editions and in their annual print anthology, Realms. Also listen to their original, monthly fiction podcast, and become a Clarkesworld Citizen so this online magazine can continue to bring us the very best in science fiction and fantasy. Clarkesworld now features Kindle Subscriptions. Click on the image to get yours today!
Blake Charlton joins from the past. This truly is the final interview from World Fantasy 2010, but we discuss his new book, SPELLBOUND, now available for pre-order at bookstores and online. Topics discussed include science, writing characters with disabilities, Blake’s journey to getting published, why he decided to pursue medicine, balancing careers and accepting the sacrifice that goes with that balance, and much more.
- We start things off by discussing Borders. What your thoughts? Here’s the Wall Street Journal article we mention.
- Feedback: Ben makes us feel all warm and fuzzy.
- We announce the winners of the Scifi Trivia Contest!
- Book of the week: Daryl Gregory’s Raising Stony Mayhall
- Make sure to enter the Clarkesworld Giveaway.