With more than 80 books published, New York Times bestselling author David Bischoff brings you Hotspur Publishing, a new publisher of science fiction and fantasy, featuring both classic titles and works from newly discovered talent. Fill you e-reader today with their stellar opening lineup, including titles like FREEDOM CLUB, by Saul Garnell, WOLF DAWN, by Susan Cartwright, and Bishoff’s THE DESTINY DICE, praised by Piers Anthony as “Hilarious!”.
Living in St. Jude, a 110-year-old dying city on the edge of the Mississippi, is tough. But when a letter informs fourteen-year-old Cinque of the passing of the father he never met, he is faced with an incomplete past and an uncertain future. A curse meant for his father condemns Cinque to a slow death even as it opens his eyes to the strange other world around him. With help from the ghost, an enigmatic White Woman, a Loa, and a devious shape-shifter, Cinque gathers the tools to confront the ghost of his dead father. But sometimes too much knowledge can be dangerous – and the people he trusts most are those poised to betray him. Buy your copy of PICKING UP THE GHOST today!
- We recorded this episode on the evening of Anne McCaffery’s passing. We don’t have anything profound to say about Anne because, sadly, none of us knew her, but her impact on the genre’s of science fiction and fantasy shall surely transcend our time. We wish her family and friends the very best.
- News: Ann Patchett is doing her part to save a local bookstore. We discuss.
- Sponsor Showcase: David Bischoff joins us to discuss writing for STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, changes in publishing, the founding of Hotspur Publishing, his comedic tribute to TWILIGHT and his hope to discover new talent.
- Feedback: Emilio writes in with thoughts on Barnes and Noble, DC Comics, and bookstores.
- Feedback: Paul visited Mysterious Galaxy and met Brandon Sanderon! How did he hear about MG? Right here, baby!